contact: Evelyn Paglieri, ext. 817
The preparation and receiving of Eucharist is a very special time for the children of our parish and those on the First Eucharist Team who work with them. We look forward to journeying with you and your child. If you have a child who has been baptized AND he or she has already completed one year of religious education, you may register your child for First Eucharist preparation.
First Eucharist Preparation Journey:
• Sunday Liturgy – Liturgy is the starting point for our sacramental preparation. We are drawn to a deeper understanding and celebration of Eucharist through the rich liturgical symbols and rituals of the Liturgy. Therefore, our families are expected to attend a weekly Sunday Liturgy.
• Liturgy Dismissals – During select specified weekend masses, the children are dismissed during the Liturgy of the Word and they attend a teaching session in which we review their home book assignments and help deepen their understanding of the Sacraments of Reconciliation & First Eucharist.
• Teaching Mass – The children receive "My Mass Book" and attend a teaching mass in which they explore the different parts of the mass.
• Reconciliation Retreat – The children participate in various activities in which the message of God's forgiving love is woven. The stations include: The Ten Commandments; The Lost Sheep Story; and Reconciliation Rehearsal where the child is the Priest and Priest is the confessor.
• First Eucharist Retreat – The children participate in various activities in which they learn about and prepare to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. The stations include: Church Etiquette; Banner & Photo Activities; and a Church Tour.
• First Eucharist Rehearsal – The children participate in a run-through of their First Eucharist ceremony with the aim of making them comfortable with the events of the day and also to give them an opportunity to taste unconsecrated bread and wine.