Junior High Program
contact: Catzel Bumpus, ext. 828
Our online registration process for the 2017-2018 program year is underway, go back to the home page for details & registration instructions. Please note: the registration fee increases beginning August 1, 2017.
Please be aware that your child cannot begin Confirmation Preparation in 9th grade unless he or she has completed 7th & 8th grade religious education (here or elsewhere).
Our mission is to foster life-long faith development for our young adolescents. We work to empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today. We aim to do this through Faith Learning, Service, Involvement with our Parish Community, and various Prayer Experiences.
We believe that the family, the "domestic church," is the most important Christian influence since it is in the home that a child learns and experiences our faith. Our goal is to aid families in the faith formation of their young adolescent children. Church of the Presentation's Junior High Faith Formation Program strives to provide an atmosphere where young people and their families can experience God's love so that their faith may become living, conscious, and active.
In this program, we seek to do the following for our young adolescents:
- Help them develop a deeper and more personal relationship with God.
- Help them to develop a positive self-image through understanding and accepting who they are as individuals.
- Encourage them to develop and practice life skills for healthy living.
- Utilize their energy in creative and constructive ways.
- Encourage them to engage in caring relationships with adults who like and respect them, and serve as roles models and mentors for them.
- Encourage them to express their needs, doubts and dreams as individuals and young members of the Church.
- Encourage them to become involved and let them know that they are valued and contributing members of our faith community.
- Engage them in meaningful parish and community service.
- Utilize the four settings of age-specific peer groups, family, parish community, and the wider community to help youth learn and integrate their faith into their everyday life.
- Begin their remote preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation.