Protecting God's Children
contact: Kathleen Martorano, ext. 835
Upcoming workshops at Presentation:
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 7:00pm
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 7:00pm
In accordance with requirements mandated by the Archdiocese of Newark, all adults, staff and volunteers alike, involved with the children and/or teenagers of our parish must comply with the following requirements of the Protecting God’s Children Program prior to being able to volunteer:
After meeting with the staff member responsible for the ministry for which you're interested in volunteering, you'll be asked to:
- Complete the Volunteer Application
- Read “Archdiocesan Policies with respect to Conduct with Minors and certain Reporting Obligations”
- Sign an Acknowledgement Form for the policies
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop
- Complete a background check online OR provide proof of being fingerprinted. Note: If you have ever been fingerprinted, you do not need to order a background check. You must provide Kathleen Martorano a copy of a confirming letter from the agency that took your fingerprints.
FIRST TIME ATTENDING A WORKSHOP? You must pre-register at www.virtusonline.org. Click on the "FIRST-TIME REGISTRANT" tab on the left hand side of the page. Select the Newark (Archdiocese). When prompted, you must indicate in the "LOCATION" that you'll be volunteering at Presentation. You will also order your background check through this website. Do not complete the background check if you have proof of fingerprinting.
How to Report Abuse: The Archdiocese of Newark takes very seriously any and all allegations of sexual misconduct by members of the clergy, Religious and lay staff of the Archdiocese. We encourage anyone with knowledge of an act of sexual misconduct to inform us immediately so that we may take appropriate action to protect others and provide support to victims of sexual abuse. Individuals who wish to report an allegation of sexual misconduct may do so by calling the Archdiocesan Office of Child and Youth Protection at (201) 407-3256.